Monday, September 8, 2008

Earth Ride '08 Training #2

Great riding weekend! I craked the 100 mile mark for the season at around 4:45 A.M. yesterday morning(Trail Dog tracker up to 110). I know it's not much, but it's alot for me. Got (2) 15 mile rides in on Saturday and Sunday mornings. It was definately my gear working that screwed me up last weekend. I talked with Jonny K about it durring the week and decided that I probably was not in the gear that I should have been, thus causing me to work way too hard, and burn out way too soon. What a difference a gear makes! Upped my average speed and my max speed. One weekend left of training, and then comes the ride. Jonny K and I leave at 9:00 A.M. to complete the 25 mile course (I'll get some photos for posting).

Also, I wore my helmet for the first time this weekend on both rides. It's a requirement for the Earth Ride so I figured I'd better get used to it. It's not as bad as I thought (other than it makes me look like I've got a forehead the size of a drive-in movie screen).

After almost 10 years of seeing limited action, the batteries in my cat-eye finally need to be changed. I don't think the next set of batteries is going to last nearly as long. I'm really liking the looks of the new Cannondale "Caffine", but I don't want to betray Gary just yet. He's been pretty good to me (unless someone out there has a compelling argument - I'm willing to listen).

Peace , Love, and Crabs

Craigers

No comments: