Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Maywood Earth Ride '09

Earth Ride came and went too fast this year. I was joined by the Big Cat & Mrs. Cat (along with Team Lasky), and Jonny K. BC, Jonny, and myself along with the other two memebers of Team Lasky completed the 50 mile route. Jonny's Dad & brother did the full Century (we'll get there eventually). Some brutal hills to climb in the Northern Kettle Moraine, but I still kept an average speed of almost 14 mph and finished the ride in 3hrs 27 min.

Thanks to all the volunteers that helped to make this a great ride again this year! There were over 700 riders total and I think we raised over $30,000 for the benefit of Maywoood environmental park (http://gomaywood.org).

A picture says a thousand words so here you go.

Suck it in Jonny!

Big Cat looking all buff


That damn racoon again



Groove Family Cyclo - Family Portrait




This was on the front page of the Sheboygan Press newspaper - let's play "Where's Trail Dog?"





I'm ready for another 50






And so is Jonny















Team Fatty?









2 comments:

Jonny K said...

Man, them is some good lookin' riders!

Anonymous said...

Where can I get my signed picture of the Trail Dog? was nice of you and K man to let us share the ride. Look forward to next year!