Friday, May 29, 2009

Product Reviews


I figured I'd throw out some thoughts on some of the "new" products I used over this past weekend. Now when I say new, I mean new to me.


Let's start with my first Twin Six t-shirt. Perfect fit. and just the way I like 'em too with a nice tight neck. Way to go guys.


Next up, DZNuts. First off, I love the name. I'm still trying to comprehend the endless marketing possibilities. People that don't even know what it is commented on the name and logo on the back of my t-shirt. And if you haven't tried it yet, it's worth the price just to read the application instructions. Oh, and by the way, it's a great product too. After 100 miles, no chafing, no saddle sores. Good stuff man!


Camelbak Water bottles are great! First ones I've ever owned, and when I buy new ones, I'll buy Camelbak. I love the fact that you can regulate the amount of water coming from the nozzle by twisting it to be more or less open. Good design.


Clif Bar Shot Blox. The only other time I ever used an "energy chew" was at Earth Ride last year. They gave away some other brand which I will not name because I thought they sucked. Gave me a headache that would not quit. Naturally, I was a little hesitant to try the Shot Blox because of this, but when you start to bonk at 5:00 A.M. after 18 miles and remember you still have 82 miles to go - you tend to be a little more open to things that may help your endurance level. I'm glad I did. I really liked this product. Didn't give me a headache and really seemed to give me that "shot" that I needed to get through this. Just reinforces my love for the Clif Bar line of products.


Carbo Rocket sport drink. Wasn't a big fan of the taste, but then again Gatorade tastes like crap too. Seemed to help keep me hydrated though. At a little over a dollar per single serve pack, I guess it's not much different than buying some of the other crap they market in the stores and this is much better for you (as far as the ingredients go). Maybe I need to try the Kiwi Lime flavor next time.


ProBar. I think I had the "Whole Berry Blast" flavor. Tasted good. Had a lot of good ingredients. Kind of reminded me of Clif Bars. Pro Bar shakes out at a little over $3.00 per bar, while Clif Bar is at a little over $1.00 per bar. Cost would be the only reason I'd stick with Clif. I'm currently experimenting with some of my own "energy" treats. We'll see how they work out.


I didn't get a chance to use my Banjo Brothers seat bag as it was the mini model and that is a little small for the things I carry on my everyday rides. However it is a perfect size to take on a race bike. So when I hit the circuit again next year, after my ankle is 100% and "Crazy Joe" is completed (God willing), I'll give it a try.


Oh I almost forgot. The Wenger hydration pack that I bought over the winter got it's first use this past weekend. Awesome product. No leaks. All tubes and valves worked wonderfully. And for the $15.00 I spent on it, I got a ton of storage spaceas well.


Hope everyone has a great weekend and gets those bikes dirty! I'll try to get some pics on here from the upcomming weekends rides for next week. Maybe I can get one of those damned lake flies to hold still long enough for a photo opportunity.


Kippis - Leave No Trace


Craigers

No comments: