Monday, May 11, 2009

Ode to my stationary bike

I would like to officially apologize for all my negative comments a few months back in regards to indoor trainers and stationary bikes, for three reasons really.

#1: After breaking my ankle, this was the first form of exercise that was approved by my ortho surgeon. If it wasn't for my stationary bike, I probably would have gained 50 pounds after being essentially layed up for 3 months. So, I'm sorry, and thank you stationary bike.

#2: With the extremely unpredictable Wisconsin spring, and the increasingly "deep" Wisconsin winter, I would not have gotten any exercise at all (even without being layed up), and I probably would have gained 50 pounds. So, I'm sorry, and thank you stationary bike.

#3: After being "forced" to use my stationary bike more than it's ever been used, I realize, I owe it a debt of gratitude for making me a faster cyclist. All the pedaling. All the sweat. All the training...without actually going any where, has increased my out put exponentially. So, I'm sorry, and thank you stationary bike.

After this out pouring of emotion, I've decided to name the stationary bike "Steven" after Steven Hawking. I know this goes against my "Seinfeld" themed naming system, but I don't think I have to explain the correlation between Steven Hawking and a stationary bike.

I'm sorry, and thank you stationar.....Steven.

Leave No Trace - Kippis

Craigers

2 comments:

Jonny K said...

Funny stuff...love your stationary!

Craigers said...

Thanks Jonny. Sure was nice seeing you today for 10 minutes. Makes me realize how much you're missed around here. Later you dude.