Thursday, January 21, 2010

Kettleman Date announced

Redline Triathlon Club has released the date for the 2010 Kettleman Duathlon. Sunday September 26th, 2010. That gives me approximately 8 months to train. http://www.redlinetriclub.org/duathlon.html

As running is my weakest of the two sports, I've been hitting it hard the past few weeks trying to first get my wind up well enough to get to at least 2 miles with out walking. As of yesterday I'm up to a 1.25 miles. Once I hit the distance, then I'll worry about being competitive.

I've downloaded an 8 week duathlon training course that I plan to do twice before the Kettleman. Once starting at the beginning of April, and then again 8 weeks before the Kettleman.

The new Garmin has been a great training tool as far as the running is going, and I anticipate it will be equally as good for biking. Still trying to figure out all ins and outs of the machine though.

On a more serious note, let's all keep the Big Cat in our thoughts and prayers as he works through a leg injury. That's all I'll say about it for now until we know more, but it's always good to send him some positive vibes, as I know from personal experience last year that a guy can get real down in the dumps when dealing with an injury that inhibits his physical activity.

Kippis,

Craigers

No comments: