Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Physical Therapy Day 1


So I had my first Physical Therapy (we'll call it PT from here on out) session last for the surgically repaired ankle fracture (we'll call that the pain in my arse, even though it really is a pain in my ankle). The big tough Trail Dog was reduced to a more of a Treadmill Puppy.


I was so proud that I was walking not only without crutches, but I was walking without my cane as well. Nothing but a lace up ankle brace for support. Bring it on!


My range of motion sucks! My therapist said "I'm going to push on your foot, don't let me move it." Yeah right. I've got damn near zero strength in my ankle, and I can't stand on that foot without hanging on to anything for more than a few seconds. The swelling in my calf, ankle and foot is still way too much.


I guess it's a good thing I went PT (after all the complaining I did about having to go).


My biggest question was am I going to be good to go by May when all the rides and races start up again? Her reply was "We'll know for sure by April. It's going to be up to you to push yourself to get back to normal." Now, my therapist seems like a very pleasant young lady, however, I have no intentions of seeing her in April. I need positive re-enforcement so all you readers send me some good vibrations.
Kippis,
Craigers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like I better start working on that trailer, "not" better focus Craigers I hear the "Rocky" theme playing, you can do it buddy!!!